SUSEES
Federico IIErasmus

Kristina Gruzdeva – Presentation and proposal

Home Forums 2018 SUSEES Edition – Writing Groups Kristina Gruzdeva – Presentation and proposal

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alice Spada Alice Spada 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kristina Gruzdeva
    Kristina Gruzdeva
    Participant

a) Institutional affiliation
    I am a third year PhD student at the University of Birmingham.
    b) Training background
    MA in International Studies in Education – University of Birmingham
    BA in Philological Education – Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russi
    c) Main themes of investigation
    My current research revolves around upper secondary school students’ understanding of, and attitudes towards, the financial implications of higher education choices and relationships between understanding, attitude and choices in England.
    I am also interested in internalisation of higher education.
    d) a paper intended to write
    My preliminary proposal is to write a comparative paper examining student’s graduate employment expectations (I’ve got data on expectations of students studying in England).
    e) Starting knowledge-base (empirical materials, theory, methodology, etc.)
    Empirical materials: secondary data on students’ financial beliefs, knowledge of the student finance regime in England and their higher education choices.
    Theories: Human capital theory and Bourdieu’s theory of cultural reproduction
    Methodology: Interviews and surveys
    f) the knowledge needed to complete the paper
    I would like to collaborate with someone working in the same field, who is interested in higher education choices and graduate labour market outcomes.

Profile photo of Alice Spada
    Alice Spada
    Participant

Hi Kristina! Sounds very interesting! I research in a different area but I am interested in your methodology because studying attitudes and believes is always tricky. Also, we could share on Bourdieu’s theory of cultural reproduction cause I am using it as a theory too. See you soon!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register

Skip to toolbar